Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Word of the year

In my last post, I alluded to (but am not quite ready to blog about) the struggles I have had the past few months because I neglected my word of the year for 2017.

At the beginning of December, about the time I remembered that I was supposed to be being deliberate this year, I also realized that I was going to have a difficult time choosing my word for 2018.

It's been in the back of my mind for the past month. I've written down at least a dozen words that could be contenders, but none of them quite encompass everything that I am feeling.  Last night, I settled on a winner.


  • Confidence  


  • full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of person or thing.
  • belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance.
  • secret that is confided or imparted trustfully.


I'm about to do some really hard things this year. But I CAN do them. I am able. And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment