Thursday, May 5, 2016

Other things I've done this week (2)

Once a week, I try to post other things that I've accomplished the previous week which weren't ill-fated weird interesting enough to write a post about.

Other things I did this week
  • updated some of the electrical outlets and switches in the kitchen
  • moved the refrigerator to a different wall in the kitchen which made a HUGE impact in opening up the room (that, and the light paint on the walls)
  • decided to list the house as it is next week (eek!)
  • returned a bunch of things to Lowes because I am not going to do those things. Gotta love money being returned to my credit card statement!
  • cleaned up hubs' mess from the living room ceiling project 
  • took everything off of 2 metal bookshelves that were in a bedroom, disassembled them, moved them into the dining room, reassembled them and put everything (and more) back on them PLUS threw down some carpet remnants to cover the nasty floor and moved the table into the dining room. (this was an exhausting afternoon)
  • hauled 2 contractor bags of debris out to the curb. Gosh, I love living in the city and having bulk trash haul services!
Projects that I need to finish
  • reinstall crown molding in the living room. A complicated project because I need to buy 1" x 2" trim to complete the gap formed by the ceiling beams we installed
  • finish painting around the ceiling trim in my bedroom
  • decluttering & organizing the house to get it ready to show (did I mention there are already 2 couples that are ready to see it the moment it hits the market??)
  • if I'm really ambitious, hold a yard sale on Saturday morning. I need to. I have a HUGE pile of stuff sitting in the corner, ready to sell.

Updates on projects that I needed to finish from previous weeks
  • reinstall doorknobs on bedroom & bathroom doors.
  • buy more paint for my bedroom
  • prime and paint laundry room and bathroom doors 
  • sand & paint the hallway walls
  • prime and paint more of the staircase railings
  • find the screws for the air vent screen that I took off 4 months ago so my cat will not continue to crawl into the ductwork
  • paint the remaining wall of my living room 

No comments:

Post a Comment