Friday, May 6, 2016

the last

I often find myself wondering these days about "the last."

Is this the last time that I'm going to eat at a particular restaurant before I move?

The last time I'm going to have to buy paper towels here?

The last time I'll see a casual acquaintance before I move?

The last mortgage payment for this house?

I don't have a firm move date set. All of the home furnishings and "stuff" that I am taking with me are moving the week of June 13. I will be on vacation here the week of June 19. And I scheduled a hair appointment for June 28.

Beyond that, the boys and I just need to be in Louisiana before August 8, when school begins there.

How quickly will our house sell? If we don't get a fast offer, we could conceivably stay through July. We are not taking mattresses or our couch with us. We could slum it with paper plates and Netflix on phones & laptops for quite a while!

Should we pay for a pool membership here, knowing we may only be able to use it for a month?

Do I schedule a trip that I really want to take for July, knowing that I may have to drive 13 hours from my new home to participate? And if so, do I deposit the boys at grandparents' houses, within 4 hours of our current home, while I go on the trip? Or do I leave them at a new house which isn't in a neighborhood, where they know nobody and their dad is at work all day. Yes, they are big kids, but sometimes that makes the prospect of leaving them alone even more harrowing than when they were younger!

When do I take my canine and kitty companions to Louisiana? Would I worry more about them if the neighbor watches them here while I'm gone in June, or if they're home alone all day in a new house, in a new neighborhood.

No answers. Only questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment